Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pampered Chef Fundraiser for Kids Against Hunger ..with Holly Hoffman






























































During my crazy month of Feb I saved the best till last! I, along with Holly Hoffman...our good friend from Survivor..held a fundraiser for Kids Against Hunger. Holly visited with guests for 4 hours and graciously took pictures and told stories about her 39 days on Survivor.

(For those of you who don't know, Holly finished 4th on Survivor, was the last woman and the last of the "older tribe") She was freaking amazing on it! So it is always so much fun to hear her stories. I've heard probably most of the stories a couple times, but I LOVE hearing them again and again as she tells others. She is captivating and I am blessed to call her my friend.

We first met her when she was Zach's Zones Swim Coach...about 10 years ago!! We have been friends, as swim moms...she as one of Zach's favorite all time coaches and now we are enjoying her success and fun with Survivor. Actually, most of us moms are secretly living vicariously through her because most of us couldn't have done what she did on Survivor. She truly was an inspiration to all of us!

Holly is one of the most positive , caring, energetic people you could ever meet. If you ever have a chance to hear one of her speeches...GO! She is on a speaking circuit now, talking about her experiences on Survivor. She has an amazing message to others about the value of perseverance and not giving up when things get tough. She speaks to kids about staying strong and making the right choices. She speaks to women about taking care of yourself and believing in yourself. People who hear her speech end up in tears! I have only heard bits and pieces of her speech as she was starting to formulate them but haven't actually had the opportunity to hear one. SO tomorrow will be that day! She is speaking in Mitchell and I am going with some friends. I am very excited to finally hear her.

Holly would call me occasionally and tell me about her speeches. She was always stunned and humbled by people who would start to cry and come up to her to tell her how much her words affected them. Holly has no idea how much she helps others and the positive impact she makes on others! She is such a kids and humble person. I hope all of you get to meet her some day!

OK, back to the fundraiser...Some of my dearest Pampered Chef friends came and graciously offered their time to help me out. Unfortunately the weather that day wasn't the best so our turnout wasn't so great. But in the end we were able to give back $300 to Kids Against Hunger. Kathy and Darrel Johnson of the Sioux Falls Kids Against Hunger told me that it only takes .25 to feed one child. So we were actually able to feed 1200 children! Awesome!

Holly and her hubby Charlie are planning on taking some of the food to the children of Nicaragua in Dec. We are hoping that we can join them but the finances will be an issue so we will see!


In this picture, we had Holly hold our favorite, "Kitchen Survior Tool" The Deep Covered Baker. Stacie Becker and Michelle Dose are also in this picture.

Holly and Stacie









Holly and Michelle Dose

Briget Klein




Connie Pruner
Claire Washenberger

Brenda Washenberger
Nicki Winseman

No comments: